About the MART Program
We are a nonprofit organization serving students, schools, educators, manufacturers, and other appliance repair stakeholders dedicated to improving educational opportunities for appliance repair students.
The Major Appliance & Refrigeration Technology Program serves several functions to support the appliance repair community.
School Support Services
Our primary goal is to assist schools with the development of an appliance repair program. We work with both high schools and community colleges to provide the following services:
- Curriculum selection and planning.
- Classroom preparation including access to the tools, appliances, and supplies needed to run the program.
- Industry Support. We connect educators with key stakeholders in their area that can help with recruitment, job placement, and program support.
SkillsUSA National Competition Administration
SkillsUSA holds a National Competition for the skilled trades. The purpose of the contest is to evaluate each contestant’s preparation for employment and to recognize outstanding students for excellence and professionalism in the field of major appliance and refrigeration technology.
The SkillsUSA MART Committee supports the contest by providing time and resources including:
- Human Resources: Our Technical Committee staffs the competition (including judges, technical support, and contest administration)
- Monetary Donations: Technical Committee members provide an annual donation to support the costs of running the contest & program.
- Appliances: Manufacturers donate bugged appliances for the troubleshooting and repair component fo the contest.
- Technology: In 2018, Sub-Zero donated laptop computers to the contest.
- Program Donations: We have received significant contributions from GE to support school outreach efforts.
Please consider supporting our mission. Make a donation to our SkillsUSA Custodial Account. All donations are tax-deductible.